Thursday, 14 July 2011

Matte 'Caggie' Summer Rainbow Nails

Hiyaaa!


We will see how long Rox let's me get away with this title! Hehe, she's not the biggest fan of MiC star sadly!


Anywho, I have been dying to buy a matte top coat for ages and to be honest, I don't really know what stopped me! I finally picked one up today in boots. They only had two in the entire make-up section at the Boots near my work so I opted for 17 Nail Xtras which cost £3.99 - bargain!


I also thought it would be fun to pick my top summer nail colours and so combining the two seemed like a good idea.  I don't actually own that many nail varnishes and those which I do have tend to be quite deep wintery colours, I found myself wishing I had a lemon coloured polish for this! Anywho, these are the colours I managed to find after a rummage!




Excuse the state of my nail polish lids, I'm a messy polisher, its my dirty little secret.

From left to right: Miners 'Moroccan Mint', Miners 'Laguna Love', Models Own 'Pink Blush' (£5), Natural Collection 'Antique Coral' (£1.89) and Models Own 'Jade Stone' (£5).

The two Miners varnishes I won in Glamour's May Beauty Giveaway. While I adore the colours in the bottle, they are really not good nail varnishes. I had to use 4 coats of the Lilac colour to get a decent colour pay off - disappointing. The Models Own Nail Varnishes are amazing as always, I would say that the green colour needs 2 coats as the first tends to be a bit streaky but after the second it is perfect! The pink is just the perfect barbie pink in my opinion! I love Models Own nail varnishes and there is ALWAYS some sort of offer on in Boots. Finally, the Natural Collection polish is amazing for the money, they are currently on 3 for £5 in Boots and if they are all as good quality as this I think I'm going to need the entire range!


Anyway, here are my matte nails in all their glory! I LOVE THEM! They look chalky almost and such pretty ice cream-y colours! The matte polish is brilliant. You only need one quick coat and your nails are gloss free! It dries super quickly which is always a plus for me as I am super impatient and it leaves your nails feeling really nice and soft! I am in love with it and can't wait to try it on different colours. I might even give in to the ring finger manicure craze if I can do it with this....one matte the rest glossy, one glossy the rest matte, ooooh the possibilities are....well, those are the only possibilities but yes! Rox WILL be pleased (She might even let me keep this title!)

Anywho, I will leave you with another picture of the nails I can't wait to show off at work tomorrow!

Hope you're well!

Ash xx





5 comments:

Karen said...

I love matte pastel polishes as well, must play around with my one for the craic :)

Rox and Ash said...

Yes! So glad I finally bought one!

Miss EBlog said...

Love them, so cute and summery! I love matte polish, use it all the time x

Rox and Ash said...

Definitely gonna be a new obsession!! Xx

cornflakegirl said...

Clearly I need a matte top coat in my life.

The pastel colours look fab.