Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Eye Don't Belieeeeeeve It

Hiya,

Excuse the TERRIBLE pun in the title but it made me laugh a lot. Victor Meldrew - what a ledge!

The only eye cream I have used is the Clinique one that came free with Glamour magazine earlier this year which I didn't really get on with. I didn't like that it came in a pot as it didn't feel terribly hygienic and it was far too greasy. It made my eyes water a lot and at the end of the day I didn't feel or notice any difference in my eyes.

I do think it's really important to look after your eyes though as the skin round there is obviously really thin and we don't want wrinkles! (Although I personally don't mind 'crow's feet' wrinkles as I think they are a sign that you're a smiley, happy person!) I had heard great things about the Lacura on other blogs and when I saw this in ALDI for a mere £1.49 I had to give it a whirl.


The first thing I noticed about this cream was it's thickness. Now, as I have only tried one eye cream before I am definitely no expert but this was a lot thicker than I expected. Despite this, you only need the tiniest amount. The picture below is more than enough for under both eyes and the lids too.




I don't particularly get bags under my eyes unless I have had literally no sleep but what I do get is really sore under eyes. I think it's because I have sensitive eyes that water a lot and I am quite bad and rub at them - oops! When I have sore eyes, this cream makes the sore bits tingle in a way I can only liken to the tingle you get on your lips when you use lip plumping gloss. It's not uncomfortable, I quite like it, it feels like it's doing something!

I use this most nights and can definitely see and feel a change when I wake up. My eyes are a lot less sensitive since I have been wearing this and my make up even seems to be staying on better?! On the days when I have had dark circles I can't say it make much of a difference but I just read the back and it doesn't actually claim to! Concealer is probs best for that I think.

At £1.49 a tube I will definitely be using this again and I can't wait to try some of their other products which are all equally fabulously priced. Have you tried Lacura? What recommendations do you have?

Love love

Ash xx

3 comments:

Jessica Carvalho said...

Do you think that they have a website to sell this products to other parts of the world ?
Im so interested in this *.*

Rox and Ash said...

Hi Jessica,

They sell Lacura on the UK version of the Aldi Website. They have a website for quite a few countries, here www.aldi.com so it's possible they might ship to you!

Let us know and if not, we can try to help!

Ash xx

Jessica Carvalho said...

I did found that the store aldi in my country ( Portugal ) , but i cant find in the site the Lacura product , so strange !

But thanks for the help girls <3