Friday, 2 September 2011

August Favourites!

Hiya!!


We are so excited to do a favourites, we attempted to do it for July but didn't manage to get it sorted but we are on it this month!


So, we both chose 3 favourite products and 1 product which disappointed us.


Ash:




No7 Quick Thinking 4 in 1 wipes - Rox has nattered on and on about these facewipes for an absolute age and if I am completely honest, I often zoned out. How can one type of facewipe be that different to any other...? I WAS WRONG! These are amazing. I don't know what they do, or how they do it but my skin feels amazing using these! I have 2 back up packs bought with the No7 vouchers and I hope they last until the next vouchers are out; I still feel queasy spending £7 on facewipes - cheapo!



Mac Lady Danger lipstick - I have had this for a few months now, I got it when I had a mac makeover for a friend's birthday. At the time, my love affair with lippy had started and this colour scared the hell out of me! Since then, I have got used it and I figured out that if applied with a light hand it can be super subtle as well as the matt,orange based based red it was born to be!






Weleda Pomegranite Weleda Body Oil - This was in the July GlossyBox as you probably all know and I absolutely LOVE it! It smells like cola bottle sweets and is gorgeous to use. It makes my skin super soft, especially after a good exfoliate. I even think I might be willing to splash out the £20 it costs in shops when this bottle runs out! (How creepy does it look in the picture!)






I struggled to think of something which had disappointed me this month, especially with no spends August in place I hadn't really bought much new! I have chosen a product which I received in my Boudoir Prive Box. Full disclosure, I have only used this product once and I fully intend to try it again but I had to think of something!




Sachajuan Hair Repair - First of all...look at the packaging!!! I have heard of minimalist chic but this is taking the mickey a bit no? I did wonder if maybe this wasn't the actual product's packaging but it does have all the details on the back so...I definitely judge a product by it's packaging and I would never have bought this from a shop. Secondly, it just did nothing for my hair. At all. If anything, my hair felt less soft than with my normal conditioner! I know a lot of people have loved this and really got on with it but as far as I'm concerned, it hasn't been much good for me so far!






Rox:

Picking my August favourites was far harder than I expected!!! I feel like I obsessed over so many things last month, how can I pick just 3!!! After much deliberation I chose:



Beautifully delicious strawberry and pomegranate body butter (read my review here). I just don't think I could love this more, the smell, the way it feels, just everything..love love LOVE




Elf stipple brush- this was the first stipple brush I have had and I am so impressed! I use this to apply my foundation and whilst i have always loved normal foundation brushes, i am a total convert to stipple brushes- i just think it gives a smoother finish! My next plan is to buy another one to apply my blusher. As an added bonus, this brush was only £3- bargainous! (that's definitely a real word haha


Soap and glory flake off body polish- oh my good god- If I could create my own exfoliator/ body polish this is exactly what it would be like! I have tried a billion exfoliators over the years but this is by far my favourite! It is so gritty (literally couldn't think of a nicer word!) and each time I use it, my skin is left feeling so silky smooth and smells delicious




Now for my hate.. I really don't like being negative about things but this really really bugged me. 






Elf nail polishes- now don't get me wrong, I have several elf nail polishes and I love them, but the latest two I ordered just weren't what I was expecting! Pretty colours but they look completely different in real life to what they look like on the website- very annoying!!!!! 






So, that's all folks! Have you tried any of these? What are your faves this month?


Rox and Ash xx

No comments: