Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Cos a girl only needs so much storage...

Hiya!


Sorry we have been a bit MIA this past week, we have been busy ladies and inspiration has been sparce! I apologise in advance for what is a majorly wordy post - but it's for a good cause so allow me  to waffle at you.


Today, whilst mooching about on the internet something really great caught my eye and I wanted to share it with you.


Me and Rox are both signed up to Glossybox (which I just misspelled as gloosybox and hilarity ensued....in my room...at my laptop....on my own) and we absolutely love it. Luckily, we missed out on "Batiste-gate" and have enjoyed three brilliant boxes. We both also signed up to Boudoir Prive although I subsequently unsubscribed for reasons that need not be entered into at this moment in time! Anyway, as most of you know, these aren't the only monthly subscription boxes out there, if I'm thinking correctly, it is quite possible to be receiving 4 or 5 boxes of goodies a month! 


As these boxes offer samples of things you might not have tried, it's possible that you might get something that you can't use, or don't want to use, from time to time. 


There's also the possibility that you have numerous pink boxes cluttering up your work tops and sticking out from under your bed. There are obviously loads of ways to use these for yourself, but come on ladies, must we really divide up all of our drawers into smaller, pinker, compartments?!?!?!!!


Today, I stumbled across something which can solve these two issues in one, feel good swoop! Give and Make Up is a non profit initiative which provides essentials to the victims of domestic abuse. 


At work, I come across a lot of cases of women who have experienced domestic abuse and have done something about it. However, stealing a statistic from Give and Make Up's site, the average woman experience violence 35 times before they call the police, and that's just the first call, that's not them finally gathering the courage to get away. 


Give and Make Up provide women who have got away the little luxuries they probably didn't think to take with them - I imagine that foundation and a bit of lippy aren't top of the list when you're worried for your safety and the safety of your children! Foundation and a bit of lippy are however, everyday little things which make us ladies feel fabulous and it's these little things which Give and Make Up are asking us to donate.


You can find out more on their website but they basically want anything and everything you can spare that is new or lightly used; Their criteria being "If you'd give it to a friend... we'll take it", although for hygiene reasons, they do ask that anything with an applicator be new.






I surprised myself with what I found lurking about in various storage boxes about my room and the bathroom and managed to practically fill a glossybox box with different unused body moisturisers alone! I topped it up with some eyeshadows and eyeliners and I can't wait to send it off!


So if you're currently wading through a sea of pink boxes and unwanted beauty products - get donating!!! Click here to find out where to send your bits and bobs.


Love love


Ash xxx

2 comments:

Kerri_Jane said...

this is a lovely post and a great cause. I will be using these in the future giving my un-used makeup to my sister still clutters up the house :P this is a much better idea x

cornflakegirl said...

Great post and what a brilliant idea for an extremely worthy cause.